When it is time to buy new office equipment for your business, you must be educated about your choices and understand the power of your decision. While getting a new printer or MFP is exciting, it is also a big decision with large financial impacts. Here are the top 5 things to keep in mind before you purchase your next printer or copier.
- Price and Budget The cost of a printer is more than just the number on the invoice. There are other numbers that should factor into your decision, such as expected lifespan of the machine, cost-per-copy, and total cost of ownership. You must also decide whether you will buy or lease a printer and determine what your budget can support. And, don’t overlook your network—you might need to make upgrades which will impact the bottomline.
- Cost-Per-Copy Cost-per-copy or price per copy is the literally how much it costs you to print a page. There is an amount for black and white pages as well as one for color, which is generally more expensive. Compare these numbers to the PPC or your current machine and the amount you anticipate printing.
- Functions Want to print, copy, scan, and fax all from the same machine? Then you need an MFP. Just want to make copies and staple them? A basic model might do. Want to improve the overall efficiency of your workflows? There is a model for that too! There is a copier, printer, or multifunction device out there that can meet just about every need you have. Determine your essentials and find the office equipment with the functionality to address your specific needs.
- Security Keeping your data secure is one of the most important elements of your business. And, when it comes to guidelines and regulations, if you fail to comply, you can put your business at risk. Before you buy new office equipment, discuss your security concerns and requirements with us to ensure that all of your needs are met.
- Network Compatibility Regardless of your industry, the decision to buy a new printer should not be made by just one manager or department. It is imperative that you include your IT department in the decision, particularly when it concerns such things as data security, network compatibility, and mobile print capacity.
So, before you take the plunge and invest in a new printer or multifunction device, review the top five criteria to consider. Once you have a better understanding of your specific needs, contact us to find the perfect office equipment for your business.