Implementing a document management system is the right move for almost any business, but it’s critical to match the system’s components with your organizational requirements.
Consider These Factors When Making Your Selection
- Functionality — The best document management system available still won’t be right for your company if it’s too complicated for most of your employees to use. Rapid implementation due to intuitive, user-friendly training solutions increases your company’s document management strategy’s success. When researching your options, keep the average user in mind and get their input rather than focusing on just a small cross-section of your employees. Also, plan to ask users from key departments to be a part of the planning and selection process.
- Goals-focused — Communicate with your document management provider to make sure the solution meets your goals. Is information security of utmost importance? Is your focus more on automation and improved productivity? The right mix of document management features will help you stay focused on your goals.
- Streamlined integration — Your document management system should offer easy integration with the applications and equipment your organization currently uses. Integration reduces costs, saving your company time and money and reducing your need for redundant data entry across multiple systems.
- Scalability — How well does the document management software address growth? The best systems don’t require retraining each time you scale up to access additional features.
- Document security and compliance — Protecting data is top of mind for every industry. Security plays a central role in document management systems, with robust protocols to control access and place limitations on specific behaviors. Compliance regulations that impact your business should be addressed by whatever document management system you ultimately select.
Your document management system should match both your current and long-term requirements. Contact us at ZENO Office Solutions today for all of your business services and equipment today! We are the premier printer, copier and office equipment solutions for Midland, Odessa, Big Spring and Andrews.